I've built 5 K2s. The last one is a keeper. I built several for other people. I still get a kick out of turning it on and making contacts with a "kit" radio. Mine is a 100 watts, ssb adapter and the outboard tuner. Wired for a Kenwood hand mike. I often think that if it was the only rig I owned I would be completely satisfied. Receiver sounds great and I get great audio reports. If anyone has ever considered building one - go for it. The satisfaction of turning it on and making contacts with something you put some serious time in to build is an experience I highly recommend. I don't know if I've ever operated a better cw transceiver. And even in a crowded band on 20, it can hold its own. I love it.
73, Doug -- K0DXV