I use a reed relay with a capacitor across the coil with my bug. The K3 is not the only modern radio that keys poorly with a bug.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
CWops #5
Formerly K2VCO
https://www.qsl.net/k2vco/
On 09/05/2021 20:38, IK4EWX wrote:
Dear friends, Elecraft K3S owners, now I am sure that the K3S is a CW
transceiver suitable only for the use of paddles with its internal keyer or
external pc keying.
I had already noticed with the Begali Intrepid bug that the K3S introduced
extra points that were not my manipulation errors.
Today, using a spectacular and magnificent Mecograph mod. 3 of 1908,
restored to maximum efficiency, in transmission at about 25 wpm, the
Elecraft K3S, both in qsk and in vox, generates a lot of errors in
transmission. It generate understandable CW.
The same bug used on a Ten Tec Corsair II and a Cubic 102BXA is instead
perfect, with an excellent cw and without any errors.
There is and has been certainly a problem with the key input circuit on the
K3S.
I hope that the same design and construction error will not happen again on
the K4 Elecraft.
Otherwise it will certainly not be a bug user transceiver.
It is a lot better an IC7300, which my friend IK4DCT uses with his two
Mecographs without any problems.
Ian IK4EWX