They are no longer available from Elecraft based on an email I received several
weeks ago when calling to ask for a replacement. I sent my K3s in for an
upgrade and to be generally looked over last year. I had already installed the
KTCXO-3 crystal new from Elecraft earlier but was still having frequency drift
issues. The factory replaced that one with a new one and upon return it began
to drift. Without an external reference connected - I have to change the ref
frequency almost every time I use the radio.

2 meters is so bad on SSB that it is unusable.

I have switched back to the original crystal that came with the rig new in
2018. It is much better and I can use my rig for outings like field day or
training exercises without a reference signal.

For the money spent on a new rig in 2018 (which was the single most expensive
ham radio purchase I have ever made and the first and only new Desktop HF
transceiver I have ever owned) I am not happy that I can’t even get simple
parts for repair less than 3 years later.  If I knew a new model was
approaching I would have waited.

The factory has given me 2 options: use the original crystal which I am doing
and the performance is ok, or take my KTCXO-3 and tweak it with a screwdriver
to get it back closer to the reference frequency.

I have done the first because I can’t do the later. 2 meter SSB is still a
little off with the old crystal.

I feet certain that my KTCXO-3 is bad and no amount of tweaking will allow it
to be stable so sending back to the factory again probably will do no good.

Some days I wish I had still had my IC-7610/7700 combo :-(

Hank
K4HYJ.