On 5/23/2021 7:35 PM, Ronnie Hull wrote:
I have a K3 with every upgrade available. What are your opinions of such a K3
on 6M?

It's quite good with either the outboard PR6 preamp they sold, or the preamp built into the transverter interface introduced with the K3S. When I got my first K3 in 2008, the internal preamp was pretty stinko on 10M and 6M. I already owned a GASFET preamp, so I used it at the RX Out - RX In patch point, and it worked great from 12M up to 6M.

The preamp in the KX3 is also very good on 6M, making it a very good backpacking rig.

73, Jim K9YC