Mark:

I have this same issue with my KPA500,
connected to my K3S via AuxIO cable.

It's been that way since new from Elecraft.
It sounds like the AC transformer vibrating against the cabinet?
It's the same on different bands and power levels.

I've just never had the time to research the problem.

73, Dick, N4UN

After much searching, this 2.4 year old thread is the only info I can find on
this issue. I bought a factory built KPA500 a few months ago and mine buzzes
on CW key down. Af first I thought maybe this is normal as I never owned an
HF amp. Now I think it is a problem.

Any know how to fix this? I can shoot a short movie if that helps.

73,
Mark K2QO