I answered that question two years ago and it cost me about $200.

I bought a 7300 because I thought it would be a descent backup to my
K-line (K3).  Two months after I bought it, I sold it for a net $200 loss.

I did the test that Don outlines in his message quoted below.  I searched
for weak CW stations on my K3 and then switched the antenna over to the
IC-7300 to see if I could pick them up.  Not a a precise experiment but I would
say about half of the weak signals I could hear enough to copy on my K3 were
not copyable on the IC-7300 and a few of them were not even making an
appearance.  This test was all done with my 20-meter dipole near the resonant
point of the antenna so no tuners were involved for either radio.

But, that was not the kill-shot for the 7300.  The relay clicks on break-in
keying
drove me crazy.

73, phil, K7PEH