>>>the FTdx101D will blur the dits together...John K7FD<<<

This morning I've tried replicating the issue with my straight key sending dits
as fast as I can (~23 wpm), a bug at something over 40 wpm, and by hooking up a
paddle as cootie (not a cootie user myself).  On the cootie, that fastest burst
of dits I can physically produce I estimate to be roughly 37wpm comparing to
dits from a keyer set to that speed. I get no blurring listing to the side tone
or listening on another rig while transmitting with the MP.
I know you've also complained about how your side tone sounds.  Mine does not
sound like a pure sign wave, but sounds very similar to actual signals heard
over the air. Of course actual signals are not pure sign tones, either at their
origin or coming out of the RX. (phase noise, non-linearities, and all that...)

FWIW: I basically only operate CW, mainly paddles and keyer, and sometimes a
straight key.  I'm very hesitant to inflict my bug fist on anyone.

Lou W7HV
   On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 10:10:07 AM MDT, John Nicholson