Heil products are wildly overpriced and highly over-rated. No ham needs a boom mic headset better than a Yamaha CM500, which sounds great both in the headphones and one the air, is very comfortable, costs about $60, and has ZERO RFI issues. I'm a Fellow of the Audio Engineering Society, have a storage room full of great mics far better than anything Heil makes, do very serious contesting. and I've used nothing but the CM500 for more than ten years. What pro audio folks say about Bose applies equally to Heil -- "better sound through marketing."

The CM500 plugs straight into the back of an version of a K3 (and probably a K4), and I'll be happy to list TXEQ settings that make it sound FAR better than Heil headset mics.

I've been a member of the AES Standards Committee Working Group on Microphones for almost 30 years, and I've never met Bob Heil or anyone from his company. That should tell you something about how "professional" he and his company are. :) This whole thing about "I did sound for XXX rock band is, as my Black friends would say, "a whole bunch of shuck and jive."

73, Jim K9YC