Carroll,

Unless you are using someone else's email, it is neat to know that there is
another Wilhelm in the K2 family - I started with SN 20 and it is still
going strong.

If your RF Probe is anywhere near correct, it would seem that you have
plenty of RF signal at TP2, so the problem must be in the counter itself.
In the long past, there were problems with the gain of the  2N5179
transistors Q9 and Q10 on the control board - we thought that problem had
been squashed, but perhaps it has reared its ugly head again.  As a side
note, I had purchased some stock 2N5179 transistors, (Fairchild
manufacture), and found that they do not work well in the counter input
circuit either, so that circuit is evidently sensitive to the transistor
type and one 2N5179 is not necessarily like another for that application.

If you have some 2N2222s around your workbench, try replacing the 2N5179s
with 2N2222s.  The counter high frequency limit may be reduced a bit, but if
it is only used internally in the K2, the 40 MHz limit is not required, the
highest frequency needed is less than 25 MHz.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and I am certain you can have replacement transistors on their way to you.

Just a side note - in your measurements of RF Voltage at Q24, it would seem
that you crossed the gate and drain voltages.  Check the lead orientation on
the K2 schematic key and let us know if there was no typo.  If you are truly
getting RF Voltage on the drain, Q24 may be the problem (but then the K2
would have no transmit output in that case)

73,
Don W3FPR