Here we go again:  "The favorite headset topic".

Most of you who have been on this list a few years might recall when I tried out a Yamaha CM500 headset.  I wear hearing aids and the CM500 immediately set up a loud howl the minute I put them on (even with not being plugged into the radio).  Apparently my hearing  aid gain is so high the CM500 provided feedback to the hearing aid mics - I have two with my OTE (over the ear) hearing aids.  I sold the brand new Yamaha to a reader for a good discount.

For  years I have worn a Sony stereo headset.  So to add a boom mic I bought the AntLion unit.  It has a nice earth magnet button that one sticks onto the headset.  The mic boom attaches nicely with magnetics.  On air reports good with standard or cardiod pattern selected.

I've only used it with my K3/10, so this does not directly answer use on the KX3 (which I also have).

Big soft foam ear muffs are comfortable over my hearing aids for hours of use.  "If it ain't broke, why change".  I use a venerable old Heil HM10 desk mic on the K3 when not needing a boom mic.

Ed - KL7UW