John,

If the K4 is *off*, then there's no active circuitry involved. However, the
headphone plug-insertion detect circuit may involve an IC downstream that could
include a schottky diode junction -- a potential way a very strong signal could
be rectified right at the radio end of the cable. We're looking at that.

If the cable is not very well shielded, and the TV station is *very strong*, I
can imagine modern physics just barely covering this situation. It would help
if the headphone cable was about the length of an end-fed dipole at the
station's frequency.

As for the K4 chassis itself: It's very well sealed (far better than the
K3/K3S).

Wayne
N6KR