Hello all,

My new ( to me ) K2 arrived yesterday, far in advance of when Ebay said it would. Color me happy :). I just ordered the SSB adapter.

My first impressions: The UI is a little cryptic - a general weakness of things with small displays and few knobs/switches/buttons, but really not too bad. I've already got most of the buttons memorized.

Receive is nice & quiet. When I disconnect the antenna, there is very little internal hiss. The AF gain control was scratchy at first, but quieted right down with a little use.

Had my first QSO with it - with Don Huff, W6JL. Don gave me a good report. Even though I was only
running 10 watts.

I notice that the band noise changes tone between "CW" and "CW R". Could that be symptomatic of a misadjusted BFO? Also WWV is a little off - switching from CW & CW-R changes the beat note. Looking forward to getting into this; Ebay just yielded up a GPSDO ( GPS-disciplined oscillator ) which is supposed to emit 10Mhz accurate to a tiny fraction of a Hertz.

  I'll want to start inspecting the radio to see what needs updating.

                - Jerry KF6VB