Note, I intended to make a similar joke, until I realized Jerry messed up the setup by actually including the antenna height in his post (unless he has a very loose definition of approximately). :)

John, AC0ZG

On 6/28/2021 4:33 PM, eda...@aya.yale.edu wrote:
I believe the FAA does need to approve the structure and lighting on
antennas higher than 200' AGL.  Or some such rule, depending on how close
the structure is to an airport.

So Jerry's must be a vertical dipole for 160M.  I'm impressed.

Ted, KN1CBR

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:45:27 -0700

From: Dennis Moore <den...@mail4life.net <mailto:den...@mail4life.net> >

To: jerry <je...@tr2.com <mailto:je...@tr2.com> >,           Elecraft
Reflector Reflector

                <elecraft@mailman.qth.net <mailto:elecraft@mailman.qth.net> >

Subject: Re: [Elecraft] HOA Crap

<mailto:ce6cc6e2-6721-978e-b0df-6f0b0437a...@mail4life.net> >

FAA-licensed? I'd request a new letter with FCC-licensed.

Dennis NJ6G

On 6/28/2021 12:27, jerry wrote:

All,
? Just had to share this snippet from a recent letter I received from
my HOA:
"Dear Homeowner:
? Your architectural plans, to install a vertical antenna for
Amateur Radio, approx 25 feet tall, mounted on existing pool solar
heating array, on a hill behind the house.? Used for FAA-licensed
amateur radio activities.? This antenna predates the formation of the
HOA [...].?? Your plans have been approved...."
?? The secret?? The Board has the power to approve pretty much
anything, regardless of the CC&Rs.? And I'm on the Board.? I'm also on
the architecture commmittee.
? When I moved here in 2011, there was no HOA.? But it was in the
deed.? When the HOA was formed, I ran for the Board, got elected ( not
much competition ), and made d*mn sure I was on the architecture
committee.
???????????? - Jerry KF6VB

Message delivered to jm...@themarvins.org