Frank,

Yes, you still need to disconnect.  The polyphasers protect against large spikes, but smaller ones get through.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 6/29/2021 11:10 AM, Frank Krozel wrote:
Folks after Field day with another manufacturer’s radio, I have a new to me
K2/100 coming in two days to use as my “small” contest radio.
Short story, after using another QRP radio for an hour, I placed a K2/10 in its
slot.  Contacts flowed for the next three hours and my headache went away!
Love the K2. (had them since 2000.)

New story, the K2/100 has had it’s D16 & D17 replaced (thank you Don) so that
is not going to be a problem moving forward.

I have two Polyphasers in line and wonder if I have to disconnect from the coax
line anymore.
Also, curious, I worked on a K3 in the past and it had a BIG protector in it,
cannot recall where but it was attached across the coax input if I recall.

Is there any need to disconnect anymore with the two Polyphasers in line?
Should I think of adding the BIG protector i saw in a K3 a few years back?

Yes I know we “should” disconnect but sometimes we all forget.