OK. I have a DXCC award on my wall. It is from Los Gatos, CW. It's showing 185 mixed confirmed in my logbook. I moved to NH in 2019. My NH log shows 106 mixed confirmed. (I keep separate logs for NH and CA contacts.) It's a bit hard to get the union of the two logs, but the results will be higher than 185 due to the ease of EU contacts. (I think, if I've done my uploads to Clublog correctly, they have the correct count.) My only answer to all the questions about the situation is to fall back on the DXCC rules which say that all these contacts count.

I really don't think the amateur radio community has wrapped its mind around the fact that many of us move around the country a lot.

73 Bill AE6JV