Mark,

You are correct that you overlooked something.  The Errata sheet!  If you
read it, it will tell you that there is no need to perform CAL PLL on 160
meters.

It used to be that CAL PLL was done on each band (like when the K160RX
manual was last updated), but it disappeared long ago. CAL PLL need only be
done once and 40 meters must be selected to do it.

73,
Don W3FPR