On 7/5/2021 12:30 PM, PAUL GACEK via Elecraft wrote:
Simple question: Can I mix and match different filters between the main and sub
receiver. If yes, what am I giving up?

Groping into my blurred memory, I think the benefit of having similar bandwidth
filters (e.g 400hz, 2.7Khz or 2.1 KHz) in the main and sub receiver is
diversity reception but I’m not sure.

You are correct, it matters for diversity reception. They need to match for bandwidth settings where you want to use diversity. In my rigs, I match the narrow CW filters, because that's where I use diversity. I'm not that serious about SSB.

I have the 2.8 kHz (8-pole) filter in the main RX, because it's flatter in the passband than the 2.7 kHz (5-pole) filter. The filter in this position is used as TX sideband filter, and the flatter filter reduces incidental AM when transmitting RTTY. I have a 2.7 kHz filter in the second RX.

73, Jim K9YC