The most important thing is to choose either A or B and stay with that.  It is
very difficult to change, I know !  Decades ago I chose B since some rigs did
not have the A choice.  Many folks who use B do not squeeze many characters,
and any potential advantage of the B mode is small (if it exists).  I squeeze
roughly a half dozen characters and it took me a long time to be comfortable
with Iambic B.  One reason I still use Iambic B is I have too much time and
money invested in my dual lever paddle collection.  If I was just starting now,
I think I would for sure go to a single lever paddle, then either A or B choice
does not make a difference.  I have 67 years of
CW experience as a ham and some commercial operation, and switching between
hand keys, bugs, and Ultimatic (spelling) keyers was easy, and even a brief
period using a single lever paddle at a friends house was easy.  However when I
was stuck with a Iambic A rig on a vacation after years of B operation, my CW
was awful.  So personally I think the world would be better without B, but keep
it as an option since some of us are too ancient to retrain.  Cheers,  Rick
KL7CW

Sent from Mail for Windows 10