Hot take: Use cheap connectors and cable if they fit your budget and
intended use and you're aware of the consequences of their failure.

I've forgotten to connect an antenna to my KX3 at all and it's handled it
fine, so I'm not deeply concerned about a connector failure disconnecting
it.

If you're putting out the legal limit and the connector's gonna be up a
tower? Use the good stuff.

73,

Julie