Doug...

Before buying the lead-acid battery, investigate the Lifepo4 battery custom developed for the K2. Much lighter and more hours of operation.

https://www.batteryspace.com/custom-lifepo4-18650-battery-12-8v-4500-mah-57-6wh-7a-rate-w-pcb-and-connector.aspx

Also, search the archives for the history of this battery/development.

Happy K2'ing.

...robert