Well Lyn, I survived nearly four years of war during my bulletproof and immortal period, so I've assumed it will never be too late to buy a new radio. 😉  My K3 [#642] is getting somewhat long in the tooth but it still functions great and I really enjoy it.  I've also had enough time to learn how to use most of the knobs and switches.  The two primary questions lurking in my head right now:

1.  I run W7RN remotely with the RemoteRig RRC-1258 setup and my K3.  If I replace my K3 with a K4, and Tom does _not_ do likewise at RN, will my remote setup still work?

2.  I have monochrome vision.  I run my P3 waterfall in monochrome mode [Thank you Alan!] since the colored mode makes no sense to me.  Does the K4 offer that same monochrome WF option?

But, a new radio would be cool!

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn