I had no idea heat sinks existed.  But, I've never looked, I suppose.
Looks like a good idea, but I'm guessing the radio will no longer fit in
its case.  I ordered a set of heat sinks to try 'em out.

My process to deal with the heat is perty much what Brian said.

Thanks for the thread!  I learn, I win.

Gary, N7BRJ