A 123 AH BioEnno Battery would cost nearly as much as a KX3!

Dave K9SW

On 10/10/21 7:27 PM, Geoffrey Feldman wrote:
Understand you don't want an amplifier, go QRP.

Nothing wrong with the switcher or with the Pro Audio.

What I am happy with is the BioEnno is the BioEnno 123AH battery. It's small
enough to fit into the "shack in the pack" or something similar in size.

LiFePo batteries such as this one can take thousands of charges and also
stay above 12 volts for almost the entire discharge cycle.  The KX3 will run
at 15 watts out for quite some time with the above mentioned unit.

This brings me to its charger.  The connector for the bioenno charger to the
battery is the same as the power input for the KX3.  It's perfectly adequate
as a power supply.  People argue about the special spiffiness of the Pro
Audio. But I can't find an operationally noticeable difference.  Obviously
the BioEnno battery has no switching noise at all.   I don't recommend
pro-audio for charging the BioEnno as the approved charger cuts back voltage
as the battery tops off and the ProAudio does not.

So if the BioEnno appeals, you really have to get the correct charger for
it.  If you still need you need another power supply, make your personal
choice there.

All options mentioned are OK for something. This is what I use when portable
and how I charge both the KX3 internal battery and the BioEnno when I get
back home (but not at the same time, or I haven't tried that)

Geoff

W1GCF

Message delivered to k...@comcast.net