From the firmware release notes:

* K3EXREF USERS MUST NOW ENABLE THE MODULE IN THE MENU: To do this, locate the CONFIG:REF CAL menu entry and tap 2 to change the setting; flashes XREF IN or XREFOUT. If you DO NOT have a K3EXREF module installed, use the XREFOUT setting (the default). If you use the XREF IN setting without a K3EXREF module installed, you may hear digital switching noise on the 6-meter band.

73 Henk PA5KT