Good Evening,

   Conditions were not good.  Twenty meters was noisy and weak. Earlier in the day the band was much better.  I was hearing contesters from all along the East coast.  It was as if a CME had struck but there was no warning on SpaceWeather.com.  Hmm ...  QSB was both slow and fast.  At times it sounded like picket fencing on FM.

  Forty meters had digital activity.  At first I had to move from an RTTY signal.  There was also some other type of digital, along with a few CW operators.  Forty meters is getting crowded :) The changing sun angle is changing propagation.  I went to the reverse beacon net and found I had triggered a number of stations on forty.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

AB9V - Mike - IN

  On 7048 kHz at 0000z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

AB9V - Mike - IN

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K6PJV - Dale - CA

W8OV - Dave - CA

  Until next week 73,

    Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

If you could say it in words there would be no reason to paint. - Edward Hopper