From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of David Gilbert <ab7e...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 17:57
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Parts availability

Just In Time and its corollary concepts brought amazing efficiencies to
global manufacturing for decades and enabled cost reductions that we now
take for granted.  I know that first hand ... I was the operations
manager for a large division of a major semiconductor company for many
years.  I think it is exceedingly lame to denigrate the entire concept
because a once-in-a century global pandemic brought the world supply
chain to its knees.  It's not only JIT adherents that are running out of
parts, and I'd bet that the contractual relationships that major JIT
manufacturers have with their suppliers means that they are going to get
their parts before the ones who don't.  Who do you think is going to get
components first ... Elecraft or Hewlett-Packard?

It's crazy how some people try to use an aberration to justify a
reactionary bias.

Dave   AB7E

Message delivered to jmdrisk...@msn.com