I would also suggest posting this on the RFI reflector.73,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: Gary K9GS <k...@gjschwartz.com> Date:
10/20/21  7:55 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: eric norris <gliderboy1...@yahoo.com>,
Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] HELP!
XFINITY SHUT OFF INTERNET DUE TO HAM ANTENNAS Hi Eric,Xfinity is a closed
system.  If your amateur radio operations are causing problems it is their
problem to fix.That said, a non ham friend back in WI has been having recurring
outages on his Spectrum system.  Technicians have been out to his house several
times and they acknowledge that there is a problem in his subdivision.
Spectrum has documentation of the outages.The last visit by Spectrum the
technician said that the problem was probably caused by a ham in the
neighborhood.   As far as I know there are no hams near him.  The problem is
that Spectrum doesn’t want to spend the time or the resources to fix the
problem. It's just easier to blame the neighborhood ham.I explained this to my
friend and he recently was told that Spectrum was going to replace the trunk
lines and distribution amps in the subdivision.  No committment on a date
yet.73,Gary K9GS-------- Original message --------From: eric norris via
Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Date: 10/20/21  2:22 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Subject: [Elecraft] HELP!
XFINITY SHUT OFF INTERNET DUE TO HAM ANTENNAS Dear Gang:Xfinity, our internet
provider, showed up at 7:30am this morning, to explain to the XYL that we were
being cut off for good because my amateur radio activities had caused wide area
outages.  Oddly, these wide area outages did not include my own house.  They
told her the antennas themselves--absent any power--were the problemThe last
time I was threatened, I installed chokes and opto-isolaters on our shielded
ethernet lines, and after being told they use 14Mhz as their carrier frequency,
I have stayed off 20m, only using 100w unless I'm in a rare contest.  I asked
to speak to a technical guy--they gave me a number which I called, but he never
called back.Any Ideas?  Does anyone have a contact at the ARRL, or know a
communications lawyer?  Comcast/Xfinity will be back out here at 2pm Pacific
time--I'd appreciate any help.  My XYL depends on an internet connection to
work.  Being off the air is unimaginable.Frantic,73, Eric WD6DBM