On 10/21/2021 6:51 PM, Fred wrote:
Jim, K9YC, has done a ton of research on ferrites for baluns and chokes.  I think j...@k9yc.com will get you to his published results.  If 6.6 uh/4 turns is correct, you might be able to figures out the ferrite mix from his data.

Unfortunately, 99.9% of stuff like this that falls in our lap are little of any value for RFI suppression. This looks like a component intended for use as an inductor in power circuits; without winding experimental chokes and carefully measuring them with a VERY well calibrated test instrument and specially designed test jig, we have no way of knowing anything about the part. I measured nearly 1,000 chokes wound on a material that I'd already determined was the best choice for use at HF.

Bottom line -- if you need to kill RFI, study the app notes on my website, buy the specific parts I recommend, and apply them as recommended to wiring on noise sources, or wiring on victim equipment.

73, Jim K9YC