Greetings All

Check out this antenna suggested by K2KQ ===>

*https://www.yccc.org/Articles/double_l.htm
<https://www.yccc.org/Articles/double_l.htm>*

I fabricated two of these antennas - a 160/80 and 40/30 meter combos. I use
spreaders spaced every five feet to prevent wire twisting issues.

I chose to feed these antennas by replacing one of the two parallel
wires connected to the lower pair of horizontal wires with a coax cable. I
use
50-ohm 1/8th inch diameter coax whose physical length is the same as the
straight wire.

At the antenna feed point the shield of the coax connects to the straight
wire
feeding the bottom wire and the center conductor connects to *BOTH* upper
parallel wires.

At the bottom of the 50-ohm coax, the shield connects to the second bottom
wire.
The center conductor will be addressed below.

Now fabricate a Common-Mode choke at the end of the RX/TX feedline and leave
a 12-inch pigtail beyond the C-M choke. Connect the Pigtail shield to the
junction
of the 50-ohm coax/lower wire connection.

Connect the pigtail center conductor to the center conductor of the 50-ohm
coax
mentioned above. Adjust your wire horizontal lengths to achieve resonance
at the
frequency of interest. An antenna analyzer like the *RigExpert AA170 *will
allow
you to quickly tune these antennas.

Works well for me at CN98pi

73  Dick/w7wkr