Jim Brown says --

        I suspect you don't understand the physics of
        the problem. OCF antennas are a yesterday's approach
        to multiband antennas. They are a recipe for RX noise
        and RF in the shack.

NOT SO, DICK TRACY !

While YOUR OCF dipole may have problems if poorly deployed and implemented.  It
is a PLAIN FACT based on thousands of real world examples, OCF Dipoles DO WORK
WELL.  Mine works very well with NO CMC or other problems.  A few years ago, I
gave some minor assistance to a notorious German operator, DJ0IP, as he
collected a wealth of empirical data on CMC and OCF dipoles, carefully testing
multiple examples before designing a commercial product that has been well
received by the QRP crowd, receiving positive reviews in the RSGB and ARRL
magazines.  He received even more assistance from W8JI and G4TXQ and
others,focusing their attention on how to avoid common mode current (CMC),
discussing where to offset the feed point, and how to construct a proper
combination balun and choke.  My OCF Dipole is split 25% /75% split and Rick
selected a very different feed point, and all is good.

CMC is NOT a necessary evil as Mr. Brown suggests. It CAN be curtailed with "proper
care and feeding" (pun intended) and the proof flies over my shack, and over
hundreds of other shacks, including DJ0IP's station, around the globe.

Pedantic dogma be hanged !!  I base my claim on 1) real world results,   2)
TONS of empirical research by others,  and 3) input from my local Elmer/guru
who designed RF gear for NASA and the AIR FORCE and commercial interests.  Mr.
B's theory is out of step with the real world.    (smiling as he typed that,
Pardner...)  :-)  -K8JHR-