peter gerba wrote:
Icom HP-4 headphones  22.95 from universal radio.  They roll off the high
end. I've been using them for years for cw.

The trouble with these is that they are monaural. Stereo is important because I want to investigate binaural modes for CW, such as putting the I and Q outputs of a quadrature sampling detector into each ear, etc.

The Yaesu phones are stereo but the frequency range is important so I can get rid of the external DSP I'm using to kill sidetone thumps and clicks.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco