Good morning.  I'd like to buy & make a K2 kit but would appreciate advice on
what features to buy.  I'm a simple chap based in the UK. And after 50 years I
now Only use CW on 40m with a straight key,   and I don't bother with contests
as the morse is all autokeyers, keyboards, decoders, & 30wpm PFKeys.  No
criticism intended it's the inevitable evolution of CW with technology.  I have
a long wire resonant (SWR < 1.4) across the 40 band hence don't need an ATU.
I've consigned my ICOM kit to a box in the attic and now use an early
generation K2, battery powered, at 10W.  But I'd rather like to build a new K2.
I'd need roofing filters etc for CW but Not SSB or anything else.   What would
also be nice would be a panadapter but not sure how that would connect. Any
advice/guidance would be much appreciated. ––– Ted M5UF