Re - Bob, K4TAX,  on whether to use ferrite beads to solve station issues ...

Several years ago, when I was a new ham, Bob K4TAX encouraged me to solve RFI/EMI and other issues, instead of populating the station with ferrite beads, and this admonition has served me well ever since.  Rather than toss toroids at a problem, I diligently determine the exact cause and fix it.  Sometimes it is something simple, such as routing a microphone and computer cables away from, and not parallel with, coax patch cables.  One time, it was as simple as cinching a coax connector up tight.   As an ersatz musician, I have a pile of audio and recording gear along with my ham station in the shack, and I suffer no issues on any front.  All too often, hams claim the problem is "RF in the shack" and toss ferrite toroids on every cable in the place, which masks or conceals, but does not solve, the problem.   Thanks, Bob, for pushing me to locate the real problem every time.  Do whatever diligence is due under the circumstances, and you will surely have better results.   K8JHR