Hi Cathy,

I built my K1 back in 2004 and kept very careful records of my construction
time.  It took me 30 hours for my 4-band version without the ATU.  That included
everything from opening the shipping container to the final cover screw.  It
also included the set-up and clean-up times for each building session that are
required in my situation because I don't have a place where projects can just be
left out.  I do have other kit building experience but the K1 was my first "big"
project.  I'm sure that it can be built in a lot less time but I tend to go slow
and stretch it out.  I probably enjoy the building as much as I enjoy the
operating.  So it's kind of like eating a good dessert - you can eat it fast or
slow down and enjoy each bite!

73
Paul - N8XMS