On 12/18/2021 2:31 PM, David Herring wrote:
Putting a dipole at about 10 feet (plus or minus, I don’t recall the exact
height) accomplished everything I wanted. I worked, on a daily basis, hams at
all points along the length of the State of Hawaii, I experienced reduced band
noise, and I did not have to contend with stations outside of this area.
Problems solved. I don’t think any of this contradicts science.

Believing that the antenna MUST be low for NVIS DOES contradict science. As my extensive study, which has been peer reviewed, shows, all that having an antenna very low does is increase loss, making your signal weaker, and make distant signals weaker in your receiver.

73, Jim K9YC