We traced this (on Saturday, because it's not just a job, it's a lifestyle :)
to incorrect AF gain scaling with some combinations of AGC threshold and slope.
The fix should be in the next beta release, possibly as early as this coming
week.

Prior to this fix, as some K4 users observed, the max AF you could get into a 4
ohm speaker with AGC threshold = 4 and slope = 15 with an S9 signal was about
150 mW. Now it's in excess of 1.5 W with any combination of AGC settings. Into
an 8 ohm speaker it's about 1 W, meeting the proposed criteria.

The upshot is that even with the lowest threshold setting--the one that levels
the audio most aggressively--you won't be lacking for AF output at the speaker,
phones, or line out.

We'll be updating the spec as well. It should have used 1 W as the reference
level rather than 2 W.

A quick update on another request: we're adding new narrow CW filters with much
steeper skirts. This will apply to filter settings of 200 Hz and narrower. You
be able to select the original narrow filter shape using a menu entry, if
desired.

73,
Wayne
N6KR