Good evening,
Twenty meters seemed weaker than usual with more QRN too. Forty meters had its fair share of QRN and even weaker signals. However, we were able to gather 23 check ins between the two nets. At least one of them took two relays to get back to NCS. The net has had over 2600 check ins during the course of its existence. 435 separate individuals have checked in with a variety of gear. Some have gone so far as to check in with SEVEN different Elecraft rigs. We try to have fun and I think it is contagious. The weather reports came in a bit cooler than last week but there were a couple power outages. Mine took a few days to solve completely and now Ken is cleaning up after his storm in Fargo. Hopefully the damage was minimal. Most of us need rain but the folks in New Mexico may be asking for their normal sunshine after the flooding on the Rio Grande. I have not heard from my friends from Albuquerque yet about how they fared. Pat and I lived in a house with an arroyo on its back boundary. The reports I read stated our section of town was hit. Now to find out how bad.
   On to the lists ::>

On 14049.50 kHz at 2300z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008       QNI #160!!!
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608
W1WCG - Van - CT - K2 - 2634
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K2 - 3900    QNI #70!!!
NK6A - Don - CA - K2 - 1217 ?
W7/ZL2DF - Nigel - WA - K2 - 3029   QNI #5!
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398   QNI #35!!
K4BEH - Pat - GA - K2 - 5061

On 7045 kHz at 0200z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
NK6A - Don - CA - K2 - 1217 ?
AE6GC - Jack - CA - KX1 - 1403
W1WCG - Van - CT - K2 - 2634
K4BEH - Pat - GA - K2 - 5061
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
W7/ZL2DF - Nigel - WA - K2 - 3029
KB5ELV - Buddy - PA - K2 - 3491
K6DBG - Chris - CA - K2 - 3641
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152   QNI #70!!!

It was nice to hear from you all again. I gathered, via intercept, that Nigel will be travelling back to New Zealand soon. It sure was nice to have him join us over the past month. One day I hope to check him in from his home station. Have a good trip home Nigel! As ever, if there are any corrections or additions which you can make to the above lists please email me. I will try to get everything in order but my chores are eating up a lot of time. I cannot wait until winter when all my summer chores are past and I am less busy.
   Until next week,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)