Ed:

> On Jan 8, 2022, at 10:21 AM, Ed G <ed.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>     I am investigating ways to be able to see P3 video when linking to a
> local computer via a remote desktop type of program.  The local computer
> would be controlling a K3 using Win4K3 and I would like to also be able to
> see the P3 video.  So I am considering a VGA capture card to allow the P3
> video to be displayed on the local monitor. One card I looked at:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Capture-Streaming-Teaching-Conference-Broadcasting/dp/B08GYXZC3D
>
> Is anyone on the list doing something similar?  Looking for comments and/or
> suggestions; thanks!

Please keep in mind that VGA is defined as 640 x 480 pixels whereas the P3 with
the Display Option provides Super VGA which provides a resolution of 1024 x 760
pixels.  The P3 SVGA Display Option can also handle 1280 x 1024, 1440 x 900,
and 1920 x 1080 pixels.

The device you’re looking at says “VGA” so I presume this means it cannot
handle SVGA.

Another option would be to use an SDR ‘dongle’ with SDR software running as a
panadapter.  I have the RF output from the P3 going to a SDRPlay device running
SDRuno on the PC in the shack and remotely connect to the PC to view that
panadapter running off the K3/P3 receive RF.

SDRuno uses Omnirig that allows the SDR to ‘follow’ the K3 frequency so as the
K3 changes frequency the panadapter provided by the SDRuno software displays
the frequency of the K3.  I can also adjust the K3 frequency by changing the
frequency on SDRuno.

FWIW,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW/5
Keller, TX