Stephen Okolita wrote:
Hi folks,

I want to build a switching power supply for my K2/100
and KAT100 (so, 20+ amps) however I've had trouble
finding a decent switching power supply design that
uses all off-the-shelf components.  I know that
there's a design in the ARRL handbook but I'm not
crazy about cooking up (literally) the custom power
transformer that particular design calls for.  There
also doesn't seem to be much on the internet either. So I'm wondering if any of you folks have come across
a design that would fit the bill.

Hi Stephen, I thought about building a 25 amp 13.8 volt switcher and then heard about all the noisy ones you could buy then. Two years ago I read the ad for the MFJ-4125 switcher for $100.00 and bought one. It is totally RF noise free and has a pair of quiet fans to cool off the parts. You can hear the fans.

    I am very happy with mine.

73 Karl K5DI

Stephen