I have an early K2 and an early KX1.  My vote for a one-QRP-rig-only is for
the bare-bones K2 for the following reasons:

More power output when you want it. There is a lot of difference between 2W
and 10W but not that much between 10W and 100W (in my opinion)
All bands 80 to 10.
Not that much bigger than a K1
Much bigger than the KX1 but even then it's not too bad.
All the features you could want in a rig (adjustable sidetone freq and
volume, great xtal filtering, great receiver dynamic range, RF gain control,
selectable AGC, battery-saving mode (FWIW), good sounding speaker, variable
output power from the front panel,

The biggest (and maybe the only?) disadvantage is the power consumption in
both RX and TX modes, but even this isn't too big a deal (except if you are
a back packer).

The tuner is great, so that would be the first option to purchase, but this
depends on the antennas you plan to use.  I use a CF 40m inverted V and the
BL1 balun and work on all bands 40 to 10 (with the built in tuner). You
could also use a manual tuner with great results.

Once you get started, though, the Elecraft subliminal messages appear and
take hold, and you are forced into buying more accessories. Resistance is
futile. My bare-bones K2 now has SSB, AF filter, NB, tuner, battery, new
firmware, etc.

73,

John W2XS