Good Evening,

   Conditions on twenty meters were not conducive to communications.  Lots of noise with a few types of QSB.  Normally I have very low noise, S2 or lower.  Today the base noise level was at or above all signals.  QSB was rapid enough to chop up some characters.  From the sounds of things we were in the middle of a storm.

   Forty meters was not great but better.  QSB was not as bad, holding an open frequency was harder; the band can get crowded. However, the second net ran for about thirty minutes with signals from California, North Carolina, New Hampshire, and North Dakota.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2300z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K6XK - Roy - IA

  On 7047 kHz at 0030z:

K6PJV - Dale - CA

NS4V - David - NC

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

AE6JV - Bill - NH

W0CZ - Ken - ND

   Until next week 73,

       Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Time, time, time
See what's become of me
While I looked around for my possibilities
I was so hard to please
But look around
Leaves are brown
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter