Hi Andy,

No, RX audio just appears greatly attenuated - acting like the antenna is
disconnected. There is still the ambient hiss from the K3 speaker. The symptom
reminds me of a problem I has with my Alpha 86 that ended up being a dirty T/R
relay. He’s close to end of warranty so he probably won’t spend to much time
trying to figure it out before sending it back.

BTW I’m not near the rig. English is his 2nd language and he doesn’t feel
comfortable in his ability to communicate.

Thanks,
Bill WE5P
Comfortably Numb