I would not go by this. Many, if not most, KPA500s do not have noticeable hum
when powered. Neither of mine do except for once in a while when the line
voltage increases for a short time.

If yours does have noticeable him, you may want to check the tightness of
mounting nut for the power transformer and retighten if needed (assuming it
bothers you). There is a spec for the tightness of that nut. I believe it can
be found in the assembly manual, if not also in the operating manual.

73,
Jack, W6FB