While I have a K4HD module on order for my K4D (0406) I am also
interested in Wayne's comment about strong signal performance.

On the CW bands, particularly 17 meters where I often operate,
many times I have observed strong CW signals whose keying causes
key clicks to appear some KHz away from their frequency.  For example,
the other night a strong signal from W1AW code practice at 18.0975
could be copied by its key clicks at 18.079.

I have heard this behavior on other bands -- e.g., 40 and 20 meters --
and have reported it to supp...@elecraft.com, along with videos.
So far I haven't heard any explanation for these key clicks.  It could
be that I have a flawed K4D or am using some settings that cause it.
(I wasn't using either pre-amp when I heard  W1AW's clicks.)

Vic, W9RGB