I have installed the production release R28.

My K4 (serial # 0223) has a built-in KAT4.

In early September 2021 I reported an issue with the
SWR bargraph display of my K4 to Elecraft support.
In some modes the SWR always shows 1:1 although
the real SWR is 1:2 or higher.

Rob from Elecraft Customer Support answered : "I was
able to reproduce that here. I have reported it to our
engineers as a bug. It should be fixed in an upcoming
release. I don't know if it will make it in the R23 release
which is coming out soon." Unfortunatly, it didn't make it
in R28. Is it planned for R29?

Here is what I've done for the test:

- bypass the internal KAT4 ATU
- de-tune my Palstar BT1500A external tuner for an SWR of about 1:2
- use the keyer to send in CW. SWR (bargraph in display) shows 1:2. Okay!
- use the MH4 to send in USB and say "aaaah". SWR shows 1:2. Okay!
- use the MH4 to send in AM (carrier only). SWR shows 1:1. Not okay! (?)
- use the MH4 to send in AM and additionally say "aaaah". SWR shows 1:2. Maybe
okay. (??)
- use the MH4 to send in FM (carrier only). SWR shows 1:2. Okay!
- use the TUNE butten in WSJT-X to send in DATA. SWR shows 1:1. Not okay!

In every mode, using the TUNE button of the K4 shows an SWR of 1:2. Okay!

I also placed a video of my problem at DropBox then. Here is the link again:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l0oztx1xfhfon4/K4-SWR-Problems.MTS?dl=0

Lui, DL6FBR