Pete,

That seems like a really snobby reason to dislike "key out", which is a
clear and common term for the connector that tells downstream components in
the signal path when the radio is transmitting. Our hobby will not implode
if one bit of vocabulary overlaps with CB.

In my mind: A key (or paddles), VOX, PTT, and CAT are all ways to key a
rig; "PTT out" would refer to only one of those. I'd know what it meant
from context, but it'd be less straightforward.

73,

Julie