From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of j...@kk9a.com
Sent: Wednesday, 16 February, 2022 10:30
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] End of 3G will not affect your Amateur Radio service

I think you're missing the point of Wayne's humorist post.  I also like 0G
on my K3S!

John KK9A

Gwen Patton NG3P wrote:

I have a couple of phones that I just put month-to-month sim cards from Ting
into. They're served by T-Mobile. One of my old phones is definitely getting
obsoleted out, but that's fine, it's an ancient 2g "Feature Phone"
I got from Ebay on a whim. I don't THINK it's a 3g phone...it's one of those
Samsung Gravity "Sidekick" style keyboard phones. The only other phone I
have one of those cards in is my Inrico 320, and that's safely 4g.
I'll probably deactivate the card from the old feature phone rather than pay
line charges on it, and buy a new card if I get another phone. I'm not
worried about the Gravity, it only cost me about $40 on Ebay anyway, and it
was just a whim to get a cool phone I couldn't afford when it was actually
popular.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 11:17 PM Wayne Burdick <n6kr at elecraft.com> wrote:

> Major cellular networks are planning to phase out 3G support in favor
> of 4G and 5G, starting this month with AT&T. This will render useless
millions
> of cell phones, home alarm systems, car security systems, and "I've
> fallen and I can't get up!" buttons.
>
> As an Amateur Radio service subscriber, you'll be relieved to know
> that
> *your* communications service will not be affected. Elecraft is fully
> committed to noninterference with the physical laws governing
> ionospheric propagation. Further, we promise to never sell any
> spectrum without
advance

delivered to mgci...@gmail.com