I have run PSK31 on my KX3 using a USB sound “card” that I got for about $5
from Amazon. I also used the standard rig to computer RS232/USB cable that came
with the radio for controlling the radio, PTT, etc from the computer. With the
sound card, I had to include a pad in the radio to microphone input on the
sound card to keep from overloading it. I used cocoaModem on the Mac, although
fldigi also works.

Using the contest logger built into RUMlogNG, you may be able to use the
built-in encode/decode of the KX3 with PSK31. RUMlogNG-contest uses the CAT
commands to send and receive RTTY and CW in contest mode. It may be a simple
matter to set the radio for PSK D and have that work. (Note that you have to
run the radio in FSK D to use this feature with RTTY.)

Note also that cocoaModem is a 32 bit program. I have not found a 64 bit
version to run it on more modern versions of MacOS. If anyone know of 64 bit
versions of cocoaModem and cocoaNEC please let me know. They are the things
that are keeping me from “upgrading” my MacOS.

73 Bill AE6JV