You’re very welcome James.

Just one more thing…..To be clear….I have to be very honest and say, I am not
sure mine shipping w/o a mic was normal, a mistake, an oversight, or what,
because when I looked at the included packing slip, there was no mention of a
mic, or even a missing mic, but when I contacted Elecraft they were quick and
polite to reply and told me the mic would ship when back in stock.

It would’ve been “nice” to have a note (even in an email would’ve been OK) that
said something like:

“…We don’t want to hold up your order any longer. We know your mic is missing,
it’ll ship when in stock….”

(or even a line item on the packing slip that showed a mic backordered or not
in stock “will ship” or whatever.)

Instead of me having to wonder if the KX2 shack-in-a-box has a mic included and
then me following up with them a little bit for it.

In my line of work, and life, I like to keep people informed. (we ARE
communicators, right?) Might be a very small thing and I wouldn’t be so rude as
to call it a “fail” on Elecrafts’ part, but it’s certainly something that
could’ve been handled just a little bit better.  If I had really NEEDED a hand
mic (for whatever reason) I might’ve been a little bit irked.

As it is, the rig is for my motorcycle.  Mid Feb in NB, Canada, the only thing
moving here is a snowblower and motorcycle weather is months away, so I am not
bothered by this, especially where Wayne emailed me directly promising me a mic
when they arrived.

Cheers and have a great weekend as well.  I’ll be in the ARRL DX as a Single
Band 15m HP, looking (of course) for DX stations !

73 Mike VE9AA “NB”

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB