Hello Stefan,

There is a high resolution k3 command ... SMH ... which reports between 5 and 140.  My K3 Programers Manual is very old, the KX2 hadn't been born then, and it says that the command is not implemented in the KX3, but adds "Yet" at the end.  It might have been implemented in a firmware update since I downloaded my PDF.

On my K3 the S-meter reads:

# DOTS Sig Strength
----------------------
   2          S-3